The Charlotte Digital Inclusion Alliance
Charlotte’s Digital Inclusion Alliance (CDIA) endeavors to reduce the digital divide in Mecklenburg County from 19% to 9% by 2026 by developing a digital inclusion playbook that encapsulates the work of the CDIA. The plan will outline a series of operational and policy proposals for public and private agencies, along with nonprofits, in Mecklenburg County to advance the cause of digital equity. Focus areas of the playbook will be Access, Technology, Digital Literacy, Standards and Policy, Advocacy, and Opportunity.
The Charlotte Digital Inclusion Alliance Primary Responsibilities:
- The CDIA provides the space to convene, both at the Team level, as well as for the broader community.
- The CDIA is a networking group for sharing digital inclusion ideas and practices.
- Resources produced by partners will be shared with the team and those partners will help promote those resources when appropriate.
- The CDIA is a voice for digital inclusion for Charlotte.
- The CDIA is a leader in Charlotte’s digital inclusion efforts.
- The CDIA will develop digital inclusion strategy(s) for the region.